version : 01/2021
About This Statement
We take the protection of your privacy very seriously.
This Privacy Statement explains what personal information we collect about you, how we use it and the steps we take to ensure it is kept secure.
In addition, this statement will explain your rights in regard to your personal information, and the steps you can take to examine, amend or delete information that we hold about you.
The ways in which we use or process your data has not changed.
This statement has been updated to comply with recent changes in data protection law.
Who We Are
In this Privacy Statement the terms “Helmwind”, “we” and “us” refer to Helmwind Cycles, and the terms “data subject” and “you” refer to the person whose personal information is being collected, stored or used.
In all cases Helmwind are legally designated as the Data Controller – meaning that we decide the way in which your personal information is collected, and the purposes and ways in which it will be used. This status also means that we have a duty to store and process your information securely.
In addition, Helmwind are also legally designated as the Data Processor – meaning that we carry out the actions of collecting, recording, storing and using (collectively called processing) your data.
Information We Collect
We collect and process information about you through your interaction with us. This includes visitor data from our website, interaction with our website using contact, enquiry or registration forms, email enquiries and correspondence received, as well as telephone and other conversations.
We collect information that will enable us to better provide you with information, products and services that may be relevant to you, and to enable us to personalise our interactions with you.
Information Provided By You
We may collect the information detailed below when you visit our website, submit any contact form on our website or subscribe to any mailing list, in addition to data freely given verbally or during face to face discussion:
- First name, surname, full name, initials
- Preferred title (such as Mr, Mrs, Miss, etc)
- Mailing address including postcode
- Email address
- Employer’s name
- Job title
- Telephone number
- Any additional information you choose to submit in relation to your specific correspondence, enquiry or submission.
Web Browsing Data
Data collected and processed may include:
- The time, date and duration of your visit to our website
- The specific pages visited, and length of time on each
- All or any interactions or submissions with or through our website
- Internal and external links clicked
- Images or videos viewed
How We Use Your Personal Information
Helmwind may use your personal data for any or all of the following reasons, depending upon the Lawful Basis (see below) under which it was given by you:
- To provide you with specific information requested by you.
- To keep you up to date with company news from Helmwind Cycles.
- To conduct our legitimate business activity (see Lawful Basis section below).
- To request feedback on activities, products and services.
- To improve delivery of information through our website.
Legislation states that companies can only hold personal data if their reason for doing so falls into one of several “Lawful Basis” categories. Personal information held by Helmwind may fall into one or more of the following categories depending on what we use that data for:
- Legitimate Interest : This is data that is required by Helmwind in order to carry out our legitimate business activities.
- Contract : This is data that is required by Helmwind in order to execute and fulfil any contractual obligations with clients, suppliers or other third parties.
- Consent : This is data that Helmwind has obtained from you, and for which we hold your express consent to process only in the manner defined at the time consent was given. Consent may be required in more than one instance depending upon the intended or desired use of your data.
You Control Your Data
When you are asked to provide personal information, other than if we need it in order to conduct our business or fulfil a contract, you will be asked whether or not you give your consent for the use of that data in order to communicate with you in the future. Where we ask for your consent we will state clearly what the intended use of your data will be.
Once given, consent remains in place for that designated purpose – should we desire to use your data for any other reason than that already given we will need to obtain your further consent to do so.
Consent is not required to be given at any time in order to fulfil your initial request. If data is revealed during any interaction with Helmwind if we do not have your consent we cannot keep or record it for future use.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. To do this you can send an email to email@example.com and your information will be deleted from our system.
How Your Data Is Stored
Helmwind take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We may also transfer your data to other locations either within or outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) in order to deliver certain consent-controlled activities. These may include, but are not limited to regular newsletters, company or group updates, new product information and other commercial material.
How We Keep Your Data Safe
Keeping your personal information secure is of the utmost importance to you, and we respect the trust you have placed in us when disclosing personal information to us.
Data security is of paramount importance to us and we take every reasonable measure to safeguard your personal information and ensure it is adequately protected.
Our systems are hosted by and protected by service providers that we consider to have excellent reputations in the field of data security. However you should note that Helmwind cannot guarantee the complete and absolute security of any information transmitted over the internet.
You should be aware that if for any reason we are required by the police, any law enforcement agency, government or regulatory body investigating suspected illegal activities to provide or disclose your personal information, then we will be obliged to do so.
In addition, we may be under a duty to disclose or share personal information in order to adhere to our Terms and Conditions or other contractual agreements. It may also be deemed necessary in order to protect the rights, property or safety of you, us, our clients or other parties.
Your personal information will be disclosed if either our company or our business interests are sold or transferred to another party – in this case the data will be made available to both our advisors and the advisors of any prospective purchaser or partner.
From time to time Helmwind may employ the services of third parties to provide business services that may include, but are not limited to, web hosting, technical maintenance, telephone marketing or communication, and email communications. In these cases the third party shall only receive or have access to the minimum of data required in order to fulfil their remit, and Helmwind will remain in control of and be responsible for the use of your personal information at all times.
Under current legislation you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- You have the right to be informed that your information is being collected and how it will be used, how long it will be held and who it may be shared with – and to be informed of this at the time the information is first obtained.
- You have the right to access your information and request a copy that must be delivered to you free of charge, in a commonly used electronic format.
- You have the right to rectification – meaning that you may request any errors or omissions to be corrected, and these must be carried out by us in a timely manner.
- You have the right to erasure, that is you may request your information be permanently deleted from our records at any time.
- You have the right to restrict processing of your information either by us or by any third party on our behalf. This will not result in deletion of your information from our systems, merely the suspension of use of your data until such time that your permission is given to the contrary.
- You have the right of data portability – which means that you may request that your personal data be moved, copied or transferred to another data processor in a safe and secure way, without affecting its usability.
How Long Do We keep Your Data
We will retain your personal data only for as long as there is, or can be reasonably expected to be, any ongoing dialogue or business relationship, within the context that your data was first obtained.
If you have consented to receive future company or group information from us then your data will be kept and used for this purpose until such time as you inform us that you no longer wish to receive this.
Where there is no longer a need to hold, use or otherwise process your data for the purposes set out in this policy your data will be deleted.
If you want us to delete your personal information at any time, or amend the ways in which we may use it, you can let us know by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will amend or remove it from our system in accordance with your instructions.
Changes To This Statement
Should our privacy statement change at any time we will update this document and the associated page on our website, and the ‘version date’ (the month and year that the current policy in force came into effect) will reflect the revision.
Our Contact Details
You may contact us as follows:
Email : email@example.com
Telephone : +44 (0) 1768 347979
Post : Helmwind Cycles, Unit 4B, Cross Croft Industrial Estate, Appleby-in-Westmorland, Cumbria CA16 6HX